State Law requires that all dogs in the Commonwealth over six (6) months of age be licensed annually. The deadline to license dogs in the Town of Princeton is the last business day of April. Licenses are valid for one calendar year. Dogs less than 6 months of age may be licensed as well if the owner so chooses.
New residents have 30 days to license after the move in date. If your dog is currently licensed in another Massachusetts Town you may transfer that license (with proof) for a fee of $2.00. Please contact the Town Clerk for more information on transfer requirements.
- An up to date rabies vaccination certificate
- Spay/neuter certificate (if applicable)
- License Fee
How to LIcense:
- Licenses may be obtained in person at the Town Clerk’s office during regular business hours.
- By mail - send a check for the license fee made out to the “Town of Princeton”. Please include a stamped, self - addressed envelope
License Fees (per dog)
- Male/Female (intact) - $15.00
- Spayed/Neutered - $10.00
A late fee of $25/dog will be assessed in addition to the license fee after the April deadline. Failure to license your dog will result in a $50.00 non-criminal citation from the Animal Control Officer.