Town Administrator Search Screening Committee Charge
The Town Administrator Search Screening Committee is a temporary committee appointed by the Selectboard.
Membership: The Town Administrator Search Screening Committee will have five (5) members composed as follows:
2 Former Members of the Selectboard
1 Member of the Advisory Committee
1 Member from the Town Hall Staff
1 At-Large Member
Purpose: The purpose of the Committee will be to recommend to the Selectboard finalists for appointment as Princeton’s next Town Administrator.
Responsibilities: The Committee’s responsibilities shall be to:
1. Work with the municipal executive search consultant selected by the Selectboard in reviewing community input and feedback regarding the traits and management style desired for the next Town Administrator.
2. Review with the consultant the selection criteria for evaluating the candidates.
3. Review those candidate’s resumes and application materials recommended for interview by the consultant and evaluate this information based upon the established selection criteria.
4. Conduct interviews of the recommended candidates in executive session.
5. Review background and references as appropriate.
6. Recommend 3 or 4 finalists to the Selectboard who best match the selection criteria for further consideration.
It is expected that Committee shall begin it work by mid-May and shall submit its list of recommended finalists to the Selectmen by June 11th.