BOARD/COMMITTEE: ~Facilities Steering Committee phase 2 Minutes
DATE: October 1st, 2018
TIME: ~7:00 PM
LOCATION: Princeton Town Hall Annex
REQUESTED BY: ~Richard Chase, Chair
“The listings of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair 48 hours before said meeting, which may be discussed at the meeting.~ Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.”
LIST OF TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
- Meeting opened 7:01 pm
- Minutes of 9/24 meeting.approved.
- Review of new public questions related to the public safety center. Post responses to Town Website and Nextdoor and Town meeting subscription list after discussion and approval at public meeting. Reviewed and approved.
- Discuss proposed tour of Princeton Center Building lead by Building Inspector Breagy, Fire Dept. representative, Committee members, and open to the public. This will be a daytime meeting due to lack of lighting in building. This will be posted as a public meeting. Tour to be canceled until future time when professionals can join for refinement of costs of options. The boiler has failed and has been drained. The building is X status, the fire department is not to enter in case of fire. Surrounding Towns who may respond to a mutual aide call have also been notified..
- Discuss opportunities for:
- Holding one or more Charrettes or “Idea Forums”
- Contacting other Towns who recently built Public Safety buildings to learn from their “lessons learned.” Additional research required.
- Discuss and potentially appoint a liaison with Select board for the process of securing State Bond Bill funding for Public Safety Complex. Passed over this item.
- Review information from Chief Bennet on Townsend facility and his proposed modifications to the JWA plan and other facilities he has knowledge of that could help our understand of solutions developed and implemented by other towns. Chief is still collecting information.
- Opportunity for public questions and input.
- Discussed request to revise charge for FSCp2 to better match the process. RC to attend Select board meeting.
- Early voting starts 10/22, it is too soon for any proposal to be put before the voters, so we will pass on this opportunity for either a vote or survey.
- FSC 1 & 2 FAQ’s will be printed and made available at Fire Dept open house 10/6
- Adjourned 8:23 pm
- JB to collect info on Townsend and Brookline NH stations and lessons learned
- RC to invite building inspector to give tour of Princeton Center building and examine issues for reuse from his perspective. Cancelled
- Tokoka Oji, Architect, currently building a house in town has volunteered to assist the Committee with research. We appreciate her interest and support. Conference call at next meeting.
- RM & NC, to compile lists of questions and answers. To be reviewed at regular meetings and then posted .
- RC to attend Select board mtg and prepare draft of revised charge for review and acceptance by FSCp2, prior to being submitted to Select board for approval.
UPCOMING MEETINGS~~MEETING/EVENT~~~EST. TIME~~~~~~~LOCATION
Oct 8th No mtg, Columbus Day holiday
Oct 15th Regular Meeting~ 7:00 PM~ Annex
Oct 22nd Regular Meeting~ 7:00 PM~
Oct 29th Regular Meeting~ 7:00 PM~