The Open Space Committee will be leading a series of Hikes in the Trails around Princeton. our objectives are to showcase Princeton Hiking Trails, foster a community hiking group, and provide a safe way to explore Princeton and surrounding towns.
- Range from two to ten miles in and around Princeton
- Foster Community, Exploration, and Exercise!
- Occur twice each month (Saturday or Sunday).
- Start out featuring Princeton trails, but branch out to surrounding towns over time
Wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and bring water. You can also watch our Facebook Page (Trail Around Princeton) for information.
In October and November, please remember to wear HUNTER ORANGE for the hikes. We will be going through areas where hunters may be out.
Currently planned hikes are:
- October 14 9AM: Wachusett North Loop. 5 Mile 'difficult' hike from the ski area to the summit via Bolton Pond, back down Pine Hill to Donbrowo trail. Meet at the Balance Rock Trail Head at the Wachusett Ski area main parking lot.
- October 28 9AM: Poutwater Pond Loop. 3.5 Mile easy walk from Mason Rd in Holden (just over the Princeton Line on the left) to Poutwater pond and back via rough wood roads. .7 mile walk along Coal Kiln Road to return.
- November 11 9AM: Four Corners Loop: Meet at the trailhead off Gates Rd (about .2 miles south of Thompson Road). Follow Midstate to the bridge over the West Ware River, back via road. 3 Miles, easy hike.
- •Nvember 25 9AM: Wachusett Meadow North Trails: Explore trails north of Goodnow Road, including Brown Hill. Moderate 3 mile walk.