- SENIOR WORK-OFF ABATEMENT PROGRAM
- Under this program, participating senior taxpayers volunteer their services to the Town in exchange for a reduction in their tax bills.
1. Effective date: July 1, 2001
2. Must be 60 years of age or older.
3. Must be a resident of the Town of Princeton
4. Must own and occupy the property for which Princeton taxes are paid
and rebate is requested.
5. Houlry rate: This program wage is set at $7.50 per hour worked.
6. Maximum rebate of $750.00 per fiscal year per household.
7. A cap of $5,000 is set for abatements for the first year of this program.
8. Abatements for the work-off programwill be in addition to any property tax exemptions they may be eligible for under other statutes.
9. Funding to come from the Board of Assessors Overlay account.
10. Applicants must have appropriate skills for the required work.
11. Town Administrator to oversee the program. (978) 464-2102